Each May, graduate students who have excelled in the areas of service and academics are recognized. The following awards were presented during commencement 2016.
Outstanding Service Award
Presented to the student who demonstrates exceptional leadership ability and personal commitment to community service, including service to graduate students, Creighton University or the local community.
- Judith Pete, EdD’16, Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program in Leadership
Academic Achievement Award
Presented to the student who demonstrates exceptional academic excellence, intellectual rigor and scholarship in his or her graduate studies and/or research.
- Austin Nguyen, MS’16, Clinical and Translational Sciences
Outstanding Thesis/Dissertation Award
Presented to the student whose thesis or dissertation merits recognition for excellence in scholarship, research and writing.
- Ronald Fussel, EdD’16, Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program in Leadership
Outstanding Online Student Award
Presented to the student who demonstrates the Jesuit ideals of magis, cura personalis and contemplation-in-action as evidenced by their engagement in their online program as well as their professional and personal life.
- Laura Shinkunas, MS’16, Health Care Ethics
Maurine Hamilton Award
Presented to the outstanding female graduate student who demonstrates outstanding academic excellence and leadership potential.
- Katie Langenfeld, PhD’16, Medical Microbiology and Immunology