Catholic School Leader (Master's Certificate)
Become a leader in Catholic schools.
If you’re a current or aspiring Catholic school leader, Creighton University’s graduate certificate in Catholic School Leadership is for you. You’ll learn about the various dimensions of school leadership and how to apply your skills in an authentic Catholic school setting. You’ll also learn:
- How to promote the distinctive mission of Catholic education
- How to lead a school faith community and build a positive Catholic culture
- The latest trends in Catholic school education
- How to plan strategically to increase funding and enrollment
- How to advocate for Catholic students and their families
Advance your education on your schedule.
The Catholic School Leadership certificate is a 12-credit graduate program that can be completed in less than a year. The program is offered fully online, so you can continue your important work while advancing your education at the same time.
Get by with a little help from Creighton.
We know that graduate school is a huge investment. As a show of support for Catholic schools, Creighton offers a special scholarship that covers 70 percent of tuition for students enrolled in the Catholic School Leadership certificate program. Read more about tuition and scholarships below.
Creighton’s Catholic School Leadership Master’s Certificate consists of 12 credit hours. All four courses can be applied to our M.S. in Educational Leadership or our Ed.D. in Interdisciplinary Leadership.
- Foundations of Catholic Education
- Strategic Resourcing
- School Law
- Strategic and Political Leadership in Catholic School
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Completed application & $20 application fee
All applicants from countries in which English is not the primary language must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 80 (internet-based).
As a show of support for Catholic schools, Creighton University offers a special scholarship that covers 70 percent of tuition for students enrolled in the Catholic School Leadership certificate program. The tuition rate for 2017-18 is $236 per credit hour, plus $190 in course fees per semester. Candidates are encouraged to contact their school, parish or archdiocese for additional tuition assistance.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
View also the federal gainful employment disclosure.
Program Start Dates
August, October, January, March or June
- August or October start: apply by August 1
- January or March start: apply by December 1
- June start: apply by May 1