Enterprise Risk Management (Graduate Certificate)
Other Programs Available
Risk isn’t a matter of “if,” but “when.”
Managing risk is the cost of doing business today. When these risks threaten your organization, will you be ready and have the proper risk mitigation plans in place? The proper training, critical thinking, analysis, and risk management skills are your strongest defense. Guide your organization by effectively identifying, assessing, and managing risk through a graduate certificate in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) through Creighton University’s Heider College of Business.
This one-year, online certificate program will expand your critical thinking and decision-making processes and help you develop a risk management mindset. You’ll examine ERM organizational frameworks, risk management applications, strategic planning, turning assessment into action, and learning how to effectively communicate and respond in a crisis.
Study the way you want.
All courses in Creighton’s Enterprise Risk Management graduate certificate program are offered in eight-week sessions entirely online, giving you optimal flexibility when it comes to where and when you study. You’ll also have the option of choosing your final course in the program from a number of elective options. Choose whichever course most closely aligns with your interests or profession. Credits you earn in this program may also be applied toward a full Master of Business Administration (MBA) if you would like to pursue your MBA.
Not ready for a full graduate certificate program? Consider earning an ERM badge through Creighton’s Center for Professional and Corporate Excellence. Badge offerings feature the same graduate-level coursework without the commitment or cost of a full graduate certificate program. Best of all: Credit hours completed as part of a badge program may be counted toward the full graduate certificate should you decide to continue your education.
To earn the Enterprise Risk Management graduate certificate at Creighton University, you must complete 15 credits:
- Introduction to ERM: Management and Assessment
- Credit and Market Risk Fundamentals
- ERM Leadership and Governance
- Case Studies in ERM and Governance
- One of the following:
- Crisis Planning and Enterprise Communication
- Information Controls and Cyber Security Management
- Compliance, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
- Case Studies in Operational Risk Management
- Foundations of Healthcare ERM
- Fixed Income and Derivatives
- Insurance Risk Management
- Applied Behavioral Finance
- Introduction to Business and Data Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Applications for Optimization Modeling
Goals of the program along with a full course listing can be found in Creighton’s course catalog.
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Enterprise risk management experience and knowledge is preferred
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Scholarships offered by the University
- Scholarships offered by third parties
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|