Health Care Ethics (Graduate Certificate)
Other Programs Available
Understand the complexities of health care ethics.
Creighton University’s online Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics provides health care professionals with a comprehensive introduction to bioethics.
Through this program, you’ll gain the expertise and confidence you need to face moral dilemmas in health care head on. You’ll have the necessary tools to discuss complex issues in clinical ethics and health care policy.
Join a network of health care professionals like you.
Creighton’s Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics attracts highly accomplished practitioners from various backgrounds and experiences in health care and beyond. As a student in this program, you’ll interact with fellow students nationwide who are:
- Hospice workers
- Hospital administrators
- Lab technicians
- Medical researchers
- Pharmaceutical representatives
- Social workers
Complete your certificate fully online in about a year.
Creighton University is one of few major, accredited universities to offer a fully online graduate certificate in health care ethics. There is no on-campus residency requirement for this program.
The Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics consists of 15 credit hours and can be completed in about a year. This program is highly customizable—you’ll take a required Scholarly Reading & Writing class, and then choose four electives based on your personal interests and career goals.
Coursework can also be applied to our Master of Science in Health Care Ethics if you wish to continue your education.
The Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics program consists of 15 credit hours.
- Scholarly Reading and Writing
- Health Policy
- Research Ethics
- Law and Health Care Ethics
- Social and Cultural Contexts of Health Care
- Philosophical Bioethics
- Theories of Justice
- Practical Ethics in Health Care Settings
- Ethical Aspects of End-of-Life Care
- Rescue and Transplantation: Manifestations of Scarcity and Power in U.S. Health Care
- Public Health Ethics
- Catholic Bioethics
- Oral Health Care at the Intersection of Professional and Business Ethics
- Independent Study in Health Care Ethics
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. Use school code 6121 for this program. This program may also accept other test scores in lieu of a GRE score. Contact gradschool [at] creighton [dot] edu for more information.
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements.
If you cannot provide a GRE score or proof of success in graduate-level coursework, you may be granted provisional admission. You must earn at least a B or higher in the first six credits of the program in order to gain full admission and continue in the program.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Master of Science in Health Care Ethics – 33 credit hours
Navigate complex ethical issues in healthcare, improve your critical thinking and decision-making, and learn to best serve patients and families through this online master’s degree program.
Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics Consultation – 15 credit hours
Gain hands-on experience in ethical assessment, analysis, process, and evaluation—and prepare for the Healthcare Ethics Consultant-Certified exam—in this 15-credit, online certificate program.