Health Care Ethics Consultation (Graduate Certificate)
- Discern the ethical problems, ambiguities, controversies, and assumptions in health care practices, systems, policies, and laws.
- When presented with an issue of ethical concern, apply ethical principles, norms, and theories; provide justification for a particular response or course of action in a persuasive manner; anticipate counter arguments; and offer suitable rebuttals.
- Educate others about ethical issues in health care.
- Facilitate open discussion among multiple stakeholders in ethically complex situations.
- Reflect on one’s relevant experiences, values, and intuitions and how these might influence one’s approach to ethics consultations.
The Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics Consultation program consists of 15 credit hours, including:
- Patient-Centered Ethics Consultation
- Scholarly Reading & Writing
- Law & Health Care Ethics
- Practical Ethics in Health Care Settings
- Ethical Aspects of End-of-Life Care
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in last 60 credit hours of undergraduate studies
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal essay
- Three recommendation forms
- Official transcripts
- GRE score (we’ll also accept an MCAT, GMAT, LSAT or MAT score) OR proof of success in graduate-level coursework
If you cannot provide a GRE score or proof of success in graduate-level coursework, you may be granted provisional admission. You must earn at least a B or higher in the first six credits of the program in order to gain full admission and continue in the program.
International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Scholarships offered by the University
- Scholarships offered by third parties
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start classes in||Apply by|
Master of Science in Health Care Ethics – 33 credit hours
Navigate complex ethical issues in healthcare, improve your critical thinking and decision-making, and learn to best serve patients and families through this online master’s degree program.
Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics – 15 credit hours
This 15-credit online graduate certificate is highly customizable to your interests and career goals. You’ll take a required Scholarly Reading & Writing class, and four electives of your choice.