Healthcare Management (Graduate Certificate)
Other Programs Available
Position yourself for success in a rapidly growing field.
Creighton University’s Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management program can help pave the way for you to become a leader in the business side of healthcare. Demand for health services managers is expected to rise over 15 percent in the next decade1. This graduate certificate program can provide you with the core knowledge needed to position yourself for new opportunities in as little as one year.
Designed to fit your schedule and career goals.
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management program at Creighton University can be completed entirely online, meaning you can work toward your degree whenever and wherever you like.
Best of all, credits you earn toward this graduate certificate can be put toward the Master of Healthcare Management, meaning a master’s degree is only a few additional classes away.
1Source: Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) – September 2017
To earn a Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management at Creighton University, you must complete 15 credits:
- Choose from either Managing Healthcare Organizations or Organization and Management of Public Health Services
- Choose from either Law and Health Care Ethics or Legal, Ethical, and Societal Considerations in Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Economics and Finance
- Human Resources for Healthcare Managers
- Approved Healthcare Management elective course
Detailed descriptions of these courses can be found in Creighton’s course catalog.
Read more about the program goals of the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management degree.
The requirements listed below apply to the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management program only.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Completed application (requires non-refundable $50 fee). Must include the following documents:
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended.
- Three recommendations from individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic background, achievements, and personal qualities.
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages, double-spaced) outlining reasons for applying for admission and intended goals.
- Current resume.
- Proof of regular access to the technology needed to take online courses.
- International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements
International applicants who are formally admitted must complete and submit a Certification of Available Finances Form through the Global Engagement Office
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Master of Healthcare Management (48-51 credits, depending on professional experience & practicum requirements)
- Gain the skills you need to become a business leader in the healthcare industry and work toward becoming certified as an American College of Healthcare Executives Fellow (FACHE).
- See a full course listing in the course catalog
- Available online