Organizational Leadership (Graduate Certificate)
Discover what it takes to be a leader.
Learn the fundamentals of leadership, strategic problem solving and decision making, communication and management in as little as one year through Creighton University’s Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership program.
This program is a perfect option for professionals looking to advance their leadership skills without the time commitment of pursuing a master’s degree. However, should you decide to continue your education, coursework completed in this certificate program can be put toward a master’s degree in organizational leadership.
A certificate program with perspective.
Creighton University’s Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership lives within the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies. The curriculum is developed by faculty from varying backgrounds including business, health, education, law, and arts and sciences. You’ll be immersed in a network of classmates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and vantage points.
This interdisciplinary approach allows for classmates and faculty to exchange insights into their respective industries and professional experiences while you share your own. The program’s broad foundation will enhance your leadership skills and prepare you to succeed in a number of fields.
To earn the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership degree at Creighton University, you must complete 15 credits:
- Writing for Graduate Students
- Leadership Theory, Application and Reflection
- Strategic Orienteering and Execution Tactics
- Communicating and Leading Across Cultures
- Innovation and Adaptive Change
- Approaches to Human Capital
- Two years full-time work or leadership experience*
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in undergraduate study*
- Completed application (requires non-refundable $50 fee)
- Two letters of recommendation from persons other than family members who can speak to your leadership background and aptitude
- Personal statement of 500 words focusing on why you’re interested in graduate study in leadership, why this particular program at Creighton is appealing, and what qualities and experiences you have that will help you be successful at graduate study.
- A personal interview or additional background information may be requested.
- International Students: International applicants from countries in which English is not the primary language must demonstrate proficiency in English language by submitting a minimum TOEFL score of 90 iBT (557 PBT) or a minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5 (no sub score lower than 6). Not required for students who have earned a bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited institution in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or Africa (English-speaking only).
A program admissions committee will determine an applicant’s admission eligibility after weighing the application, background, leadership experience, interest, and promise of the prospective student.
*Work experience and/or GPA requirements may be waived if a student graduated from Creighton Bachelor’s in Leadership Program (BiLS) or with a faculty interview.
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
Program Start Dates
Applications must be submitted by August 1 for fall classes and by December 1 for spring classes.
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (36 credits)
- The courses required for the Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership serve as the foundation for the program’s master’s degree. Complete elective courses in various fields, alongside a concentration in business, healthcare, or organizational leadership, to earn the master’s degree.
- Credits earned for the certificate in Organizational Leadership can be applied toward a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership degree.
- Available online.
A full listing of courses offered for the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership can be found in the course catalog.
Dual Degree Options
Students can earn complete a dual degree program to earn two master’s degrees at once, saving both time and money. The following dual degree options are available in organizational leadership:
- Master of Business Administration / MS Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution / MS Organizational Leadership