Project Management (Graduate Certificate)
Take your project management skills to the next level through Creighton’s experiential and practitioner-oriented Graduate Certificate in Project Management. You’ll master the ability to implement projects, programs and portfolios effectively.
The program is built around the PMI PMBok® Guide, the internationally accepted standard of practice for project management. This certificate can benefit new or experienced professionals in a broad range of industry sectors such as:
- health care
- information technology
- finance and banking
The project management courses cover 100 percent of the topics for the two most awarded PMI certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®).
It also covers a significant portion of the topics for the others: Program Management Professional (PgMP)®, PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®; PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®, PMI Organizational Project Management OPM3® Professional Certification.
New and experienced professionals, and adult learners in particular, will be able to enhance their skills portfolio and gain career-advancing knowledge in project management.
- How to apply business concepts to generate solutions to current business problems
- How to integrate project management knowledge with leadership, collaboration, communication skills, negotiation and strategic thinking, in traditional as well as virtual environments
- How to apply a stakeholder value-based framework for financial decisions related to project alternatives balancing speed, cost and quality
- How to exercise ethical integrity and professional standards in project management
- Prepare to sit for the exams to earn a CAPM®, PMP® or PMI-ACP® designation. These professional designations are recognized globally.
- How to improve your ability to successfully implement projects, including how to analyze and construct arguments, deal appropriately with alternative points of view and justify a proposal
The project management certificate consists of 14-15 credit hours. These credits may also apply as a focus area in the MBA. See the complete list of courses you’ll take.
Admission is based on having:
- a bachelor’s degree
- two letters of recommendation
- an acceptable GMAT score
- two years of post-graduate work experience
- an application essay discussing how the focus area fits into your career objectives.
A completed online graduate application form, current resume and non-refundable application fee ($50) are required.
One official transcript must be sent from each institution of collegiate rank attended by the applicant. Transcripts should be sent directly from the collegiate institution to:
Graduate Business Programs
Harper Center 3007
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
All such transcripts become the property of Creighton University.