Program Goals and Curriculum
The Early Childhood Education graduate certificate program is designed for students who have obtained a bachelor’s degree and wish to work as an early childhood educator.
To earn this certificate, you must complete 18 credit hours:
- Foundations and Best Practices of Early Childhood Education
- Investigating Critical and Contemporary Trends and Issues in Early Childhood Education
- Content and Methods Specific to Early Childhood Education
- Significant Concepts for Early Childhood Education
- Assessment, Observation, Screening and Evaluation in Early Childhood Education
- Becoming an Early Childhood Teaching Professional
Creighton’s education programs are nationally recognized as excellent by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and by the Higher Learning Commission. This reputation is earned thanks to Creighton’s carefully designed program curricula and standards, as well as the talented faculty who apply Jesuit values to ensure student success.