It is known that healthcare providers contribute to the successful education of students in the health professions, yet many have received minimal formal training in education. Whether you are an instructor for students in experiential learning or a clinician who shares knowledge in the laboratory, a Certificate in Healthcare Educator Teaching and Learning will provide the training necessary for you become an expert in health professions education.
Creighton University is committed to excellence in education for our health professions students and our commitment moves beyond the traditional classroom. We are dedicated to ensuring excellence in multiple learning environments, including laboratory and clinical settings. Designed for individuals dedicated to advancing health professions education, the program is ideal for lab assistant clinicians, clinical instructors, fellows, residents, junior faculty members, health and wellness coaches and professional and graduate students.
This graduate certificate program offers courses in adaptive teaching and learning theories, leadership strategies, higher education in health professions, and application of teaching theories, methods, and skills in contemporary health care contexts. Join our program to better understand learning theories and teaching strategies that will enable you to effectively facilitate learning in the students you serve.
“If you have a passion for serving your respective field as an educator and leader, this certificate program is right for you.”
- Cindy Costanzo, PhD, RN, FNAP | Senior Associate Dean And Department Chair, Interdisciplinary Studies Department
Program At A Glance
This program is offered Online
FOR AUGUST ENROLLMENT
FOR JANUARY ENROLLMENT
- Current updated curriculum vitae or resume
- Submit transcript from institution that granted the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Personal Statement
Still have questions?
Program Goals and Curriculum
Creighton’s program will help you develop the skills needed to be a more effective academic or clinical educator by providing in-depth knowledge of critical teaching and learning practices. Upon completion of this certificate students will:
- Appraise and apply adaptive learning concepts in both teaching and learning
- Demonstrate effective leadership strategies for the healthcare professionals
- Analyze the higher education environment in relation to healthcare education
- Apply teaching and learning theories, methods, and skills to contemporary health care and higher education contexts
To earn this certificate, you must complete 15 credit hours:
- Learning in the Health Professions
- Leadership in Health Professions
- Teaching Internship
- American Professoriate
SPECIFIC APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
To be considered for admission to the Healthcare Educator Teaching and Learning certificate program, applicants must:
Complete an application
- Include an updated curriculum vitae or resume
- Provide an official transcript from the institution that granted the Bachelor’s degree. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Submit a personal statement of interest in the graduate certificate
- Complete an application
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International students are welcomed into this program so long as they complete it from their country of residence, as F-1 visas will not be issued.
International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition rates change in the fall of each year. Visit the Tuition and Fees page for more details.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. We also encourage you to apply for available graduate student scholarships and fellowships.
Still have questions? Email or call a friendly financial specialist at 402.280.2731 for any additional questions you may have.
DATES AND DEADLINES
The table below details the enrollment deadlines and starting dates of courses for the current academic year. If you have any questions about dates, deadlines, or application materials, please contact an enrollment specialist for personalized assistance.
Start Classes In