Specific Application Requirements
To be considered for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction and Directed Retreats program, applicants must:
- Complete an application
- Include an updated curriculum vitae or resume
- Provide an official transcript from the institution that granted the Bachelor’s degree. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Submit a personal statement of interest in the graduate certificate
- Have 12 recent credits in undergraduate or graduate theology and two years of regular spiritual direction
- Currently be receiving regular spiritual direction and share the spiritual goals of the program
- Be at least 30 years of age
- Complete an eight-day silent, directed retreats preferably before beginning classes
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International students are welcomed into this program so long as they complete it from their country of residence, as F-1 visas will not be issued.