Degrees and Licensure
Through the Magis program, you’ll develop the advanced skills and experience to become a Catholic school teacher or administrator.
You can earn a variety of master’s degrees through the Magis program, many of which allow you to specialize your degree to meet your interests and goals.
- Master of Education in Secondary Teaching — This is an initial licensure program for college graduates without an undergraduate degree in education who are interested in earning a teaching certificate and a master’s degree. View the course requirements of this program.
- Master of Education in Elementary Teaching — This is an initial licensure program for college graduates without an undergraduate degree in education who are interested in earning a teaching certificate (K-6 or K-8 in a Catholic school) and a master’s degree. View the course requirements of this program.
- Master of Science in Educational Leadership — This degree is for candidates who already hold an elementary or secondary teaching certificate and are interested in school administration or teacher leadership. Students may opt to participate in a three-year program of study to obtain an administrative certificate. View the course requirements of this program.
- Master of Science in School Counseling and Preventive Mental Health — This three-year program is designed for students interested in various counseling roles and student development services (student personnel). View the course requirements of this program.
- Master of Science in Educational Specialist Areas — This degree is designed to allow students to pursue four different specialized educational tracks at the master’s level, including Early Childhood Development, English as a Second Language, Catholic School Leadership, and Teacher Leadership. View possible course sequences of this program.
Magis teachers who do not already possess a teaching license will receive a provisional (temporary) license at the completion of their first summer to comply with Nebraska state teaching requirements. This license is good for 2 years. Outside of Nebraska, we work with the Magis placement schools and principals to comply with the various state guidelines for each Magis teacher.
Our respected Magis Catholic Teacher Corps program staff strives to help form men and women for and with others, developing the God-given talents of each individual so as to live lives of integrity, with religious faith, and respect for all creation.
Meet the staff