Specific Application Requirements
To be considered for admission to the MS in School Counseling and Preventive Mental Health program, applicants must:
- Complete an application and submit a $50 application fee
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Provide official transcripts from all educational institutions attended. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Include a resume or curriculum vitae
- Submit a personal statement (see application for details)
- Submit three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members
- Pass a background check (if offer of admission is extended)
- Submit felony convictions and mental capacity statements
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
Due to the specific features and requirements of this program, international students cannot be admitted. Unique situations may be discussed with your enrollment specialist.