Audience: Professionals, executives, risk managers and administrators in every industry
Duration: 3 weeks (asynchronous)
Graduate application: Not required
Credits: Non-credit course
Refresh Your Disaster Recovery Plan
It’s true that you should expect the unexpected. That’s especially accurate in today’s business environment. The Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Refresh Workshop is designed to provide organization leaders, risk managers and executives a comprehensive approach to developing or updating their DRBC plans. DRBC plans are essential to keeping your enterprise running when you face unforeseen challenges. This comprehensive six-part online webinar workshop series will help you prepare by exploring topics such as:
- Threat analysis: Understand what threats exist within your organization and to your organization.
- Asset protection planning: Develop a clear understanding of what assets you have and how to protect them.
- Backup protection: Develop a backup plan for your critical infrastructure, power and data.
- Response planning: Understand how to respond to the threats and protect your assets.
- Recovery planning: Understand how to recover from a crisis and continue to operate post-crisis.
Real-world Tools You Can Use
You’ll leave this course armed with two fundamental and tangible tools to help you build your business continuity planning efforts within your organization:
- Custom Business Continuity Plan Blueprint – Students will walk away from this course with a business continuity plan template to develop with their organizations.
- DRBC Table-Top Exercise – Students will develop a table-top exercise as part of this course that they can use in their own organizations.
Flexible, Online Learning
To provide maximum flexibility, this course will be instructed live but also recorded. If participants are unable to attend the live lectures, they are welcome to view them at a later time. Participants will receive a workshop packet, and no additional materials need to be purchased. The workshop will be led by Huston Pullen, a former Regional Communications Director for the FBI. Huston currently works in a similar role for the Department of Energy in Washington DC.
Student interactions and viewpoints are a vital part of our rich learning environment. For this reason, Creighton reserves the right to cancel courses and issue refunds in the case of low registration numbers.
If you have questions please fill out our Contact Us form or call 402.280.4076. We can also provide assistance with group registration or work with you to develop a customized course for a team.