Specific Application Requirements
To be considered for admission to the PhD in Pharmacology and Neuroscience program, applicants must:
- Complete an application and submit a $50 application fee
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Bachelor of Art or Science from an accredited college/university. Applicants should have some undergraduate training in the life sciences, but a STEM-based undergraduate degree is not required. In general, students with strong biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, computer science or mathematics backgrounds are most successful and encouraged to apply. Opportunities to remedy deficiencies in basic undergraduate courses exist in the first year of graduate school.
- Provide official transcripts from all educational institutions attended. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Submit a personal statement (see application for specific requirements)
- Submit three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members
- Provide a Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score—use code 6121 for this program
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International students are welcomed into this program and F-1 visas will be supported upon admission.
International applicants must: