Specific Application Requirements
To be considered for admission to the MA in Ministry program, applicants must:
- Complete an application and submit a $50 application fee
- Possess a bachelor’s degree, regardless of field, with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Provide official transcripts from all educational institutions attended. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Have taken recent coursework in theology (at least nine credits within 10 years)
- Submit a personal statement: A letter of introduction addressed to Dr. Eileen Burke-Sullivan, Director. It should include why you feel you are called to ministry and why you chose the Creighton program.
- Submit three recommendation letters, one from a person who can attest to the academic ability of the candidate, one from a person who can attest to the pastoral/ministerial aptitude of the candidate, and one from a person who has been a spiritual companion and can attest to their spiritual life of the candidate.
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International applicants must:
- Meet English language proficiency requirements
- Complete and submit a Certification of Available Finances Form through the Global Engagement Office if admitted